Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who Patricia Bath Husband




few days ago I saw a program on TV about a shop Portugal is in the neighborhood of Gracia, "A casa portuguesa" (in Barcelona) where they sold cakes Bethlehem and other specialties of Portuguese cuisine.

remembered that my friend Jordi loves these cakes and I always talk about their bingeing when you visit Portugal, so I thought I spend, buy some and take them away.

I thought that was looking for a recipe and try them myself and see how it .... So looking I found two options, with cream and syrup, I decided to try the syrup and here they are.

The recipe I have is the blog,
http://larsvontrier.blogspot.com/2007/02/pasteles-de-belm-pastis-de-belm.html

Syrup Ingredients: 200 gr

.
sugar 100 gr. Water
A cinnamon stick lemon skin


all cold is introduced in a pot, stir and brought the fire. Unturned. Once removed boils. Strain and reserve in refrigerator.

Cream filling:

500 ml.
cold syrup 500 gr.
milk 75 gr.
flour 5 egg yolks 1 whole egg


Preparation:

Dissolve the flour in a little milk, beating well. We boil the remaining milk.
boiling milk is added to the previous preparation, stirring constantly. Gradually the cold syrup.

Add the egg yolks lightly beaten for not foam too much and cast, once off the heat and stirring.

molds are covered with puff pastry previously stretched very thin. It introduces the preparation of cream in each of the molds through a strainer to prevent lumps.
Fill about 2 / 3 parts for this fill up during cooking. Enter

immediately in preheated oven at 250 ยบ and bake until they begin to turn golden. Remove and let cool. It can serve as is or sprinkled with cinnamon or powdered sugar, or both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment